Monday, March 21, 2011

Poor Sick Bridger

It hasn't been very much fun the past two day's for Mr. Bridger. He woke up yesterday morning just not acting like himself and felt pretty warm. We took his temperature and it was 101.2. We decided to stay home from church and kept him home all day. He didn't seem too bad just whinny and wanted to be held all day long. I kept him on Tylenol every 4 hours all day long to try to keep his fever down but it was at 102.3 by the time he went to bed. We got him comfortable and then at about 12:30 AM he woke up just screaming!! He was soaking wet and his fever had jumped up to 103.5!! We started to get a little worried at this point. We gave him a cool bath.. which he LOVED!!.. ya right.. and rocked him with some cold wash cloths on him for a while until finally at about 3:00 AM Phil finally got him to lay back in his bed. He slept pretty good until 6:30 and his fever had dropped down to 101.9, had a bottle and slept till about 10:00AM. He's been pretty good today. He's actually been playing, but still very clingy and wants to be held. I just wish that there was more that I could do for him, but he can't communicate and he can't really have anything but Tylenol so were kinda just stuck. I'll keep you posted on how he's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment